REFLECTOR: Need for Cabin Heat at Altitude

nmflyer1 at aol.com nmflyer1 at aol.com
Wed Jun 26 09:15:03 CDT 2013


VD, 

Like I said, My system is different since it is a water cooled V-6, but the blower itself works great and might be of use. I know that EZ guys have used it, although I do not know how they plumb it for the oil cooler. 
My system recirculates inside air. There is a plenum that houses a radiator, the squirrel cage blower pulls air in from the sides of the cage, and push it through the radiator (heater core) and into the cabin by your feet. 
The blower motor has digital speed control.
As of now, I did not put in a heater valve (1-more thing that can leak). I left room for one if I needed it. 
The plenum has a dump valve so that I can vent/blow the hot air out the bottom. This is Stock Velocity exit venting. Made the plenum and doors myself. 
Since the air recirculates, I did not supply heat ducts to the rear seats, although it is easy to retro should I need it. 
I also have a defrost duct going to the pilot side windshield. 
Run one coolant line down the left duct, return on the right. 

System not flight tested yet, but sure gets toasty in there on the ground. 
Using it as a boost cooler helps a lot as well. 
More information soon... Wings go back on this week! 

Kurt 



-----Original Message-----
From: victor delta <vdelta at pacbell.net>
To: reflector <reflector at tvbf.org>
Sent: Wed, Jun 26, 2013 6:01 am
Subject: REFLECTOR: Need for Cabin Heat at Altitude


RE: Response from Kurt
Fully understand about the use of blower motor (I assume it is used to move the 
ir throughout the cabin) but what about the overall system?
here is the hot air picked picked up and how?
s the volume of (hot) air entering the cabin regulated in any way?
hat about controlling the heat level?  Any mixing capability of the hot air and 
old air?
ow does the hot air reach the rear seats?  Is it (your system) effective that 
ar back.....or?   
ppreciate more info on what you have put together in terms of the nuts and 
olts.
hanks in advance for any info passed along.
D
______________________________________________
o change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
ser:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
heck new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
heck old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20130626/6a8ddf03/attachment.html>


More information about the Reflector mailing list