REFLECTOR: Electric fuel valves

Patrick Sieders pjsieders at comcast.net
Fri Jun 14 22:50:47 CDT 2013


All,

 

Looking at these fuel valves, how do you hook them up ? Looking at the
picture I can't really tell if I need to hook up with a flexible hose over
the nipple and clamp it, or some other way. 

 

Anybody any ideas ?

 

Thanks,

 

Patrick

 

 

Patrick & Dana Sieders

Http://www.sieders.com/sieders

 

From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Lawrence Epstein
Sent: Friday, June 14, 2013 11:34 AM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Electric fuel valves

 

Thanks, that's the only 1 I have found so far.

 

On Fri, Jun 14, 2013 at 12:13 PM, Brian Michalk <michalk at awpi.com> wrote:

I think you are looking for a shuttle valve.
http://products.pollakaftermarket.com/item/fuel-selector-valves/3-port-motor
ized-valve/42-151
http://www.ase-supply.com/Pollak_Fuel_Selector_Valve_p/po-42-151-p.htm
http://www.ebay.com/gds/POLLAK-FUEL-SELECTOR-VALVE-INSTALLATION-2-TANKS-HOOK
-UP/10000000003831783/g.html

I think this one requires a momentary switch, and stays in the last position
selected.



On 6/14/2013 9:52 AM, Brett Ferrell wrote:

I believe that's called "fail in place" in the industry, but I don't have a
good source for you.

 

-- 

Brett Ferrell

reflector at velocityxl.com

 

 

On Fri, Jun 14, 2013, at 09:50 AM, lawrence epstein wrote:

Thinking it through...........

 

"Normally open" would be fine for the 2 main tanks (although "last position"
would be better)

 

"Last position" is the only choice for the Sump. 

 

If "Normally Open", it is useless in the case of a fire (once you turn off
the master, fuel would again flow to the fire) or for maintenance. "Normally
Closed" would mean loss of engine power in the case of a loss of electric.

 

Other choice is "Last position"

 

 

On Fri, Jun 14, 2013 at 8:24 AM, Lawrence Epstein <ljepstein at hotmail.com>
wrote:

 

Anyone have a good source of electric fuel valves?

 

Looking for a 28V on/off, "Normally Open".

 

Plan is to put 1 on each tank and 1 on Sump.

 

Larry Epstein

173 FGE

 

_______________________________________________

To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

 

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery

user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose

Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail

Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html

 

 

_______________________________________________ To change your email
address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector Visit the
gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose Check new
archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail Check old archives:
http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html

_______________________________________________

To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

 

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery

user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose

Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail

Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html

 

_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
 
Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html

 


_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html

 

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20130614/7c88e9aa/attachment.html>


More information about the Reflector mailing list