REFLECTOR: engine break in

gstull at tampabay.rr.com gstull at tampabay.rr.com
Sun Jul 28 12:12:34 CDT 2013


I've replaced numerous cylinders over the years. Never ran different oil and never ran the engine differently to break in the new cylinders. I've also never had issues with oil consumption after replacing cylinders. Maybe it was just luck, but I'm doubtful I was that lucky considering the number I've replaced. After my O320 was rebuilt by an engine shop, the told me to run regular oil. 
---- Lou Stedman <stedmanlou at roadrunner.com> wrote: 
> I just had all four cylinders on my o-360 milled out 10/1000 and new pistons and rings. The engine only had 400 hours on it since major. One guy tells me to run my normal oil. Another tells me to run mineral oil. Another tells me to run mineral oil for ten hours and then go back to regular oil. Little confusing. I would welcome thoughts from the group. Thanks



More information about the Reflector mailing list