REFLECTOR: DIY EFIS

John Dibble aminetech at bluefrog.com
Wed Jul 24 08:35:58 CDT 2013


I have one mounted.  I think this is the way of the future, for 
experimental, anyway.  I think your price estimate is high.

John

On 7/23/2013 11:32 PM, Mark Magee wrote:
> All,
> Anyone considering permanently, or semi-permanently mounting two full 
> sized iPads and adding an app like WingxPro7
>
> https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/wingx-pro7-aviation-moving/id378172082?mt=8
>
> Or simlars:
>
> http://www.aviation.levil.com/Software.htm
>
> and a Levil AHRS and compatible ADSB receiver for traffic and weather
>
> http://www.aviation.levil.com/AHRS_mini.htm
>
>
> along with a WAAS enabled GPS for a complete glass panel, short of 
> mini-backup steam gauges?
>
> I would think this would run the flight deck nicely for under $4,000 
> all in. Much less if you picked up used iPads.
>
> I was preparing to go GRT at 5 times that price, but I wonder if I 
> wouldn't be just as safe with this setup. Maintenance on this flight 
> deck would be at Best Buy.
>
> Thoughts appreciated.
>
> Mark B. Magee
> N34XL
> Brady TX
>
>
> -- 
> A human being should be able to change a diaper 
> <http://www.ebay.com/sch/Consumer-Electronics-/293/i.html?_nkw=diaper>, plan 
> an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a 
> sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, 
> take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, 
> analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty 
> meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
> Specialization is for insects.
> - Lazarus Long 
> <http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?toolid=10029&campid=CAMPAIGNID&customid=CUSTOMID&catId=267&type=2&ext=300927187756&item=300927187756>, 
> as written by Robert A. Heinlein.
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20130724/5cdf46d9/attachment-0001.html>


More information about the Reflector mailing list