REFLECTOR: Fwd: Re: Insurance Question

Kevin Baker flykb at verizon.net
Mon Jul 22 17:05:24 CDT 2013


Huh  I find that funny ...
Guess that's insurance for ya
Kevin Baker 

.

On Jul 22, 2013, at 4:55 PM, Brett Ferrell <reflector at velocityxl.com> wrote:

> Yep, that or an instrument rating is what we've been told.
>  
> --
> Brett Ferrell
> reflector at velocityxl.com
> 
>  
> On Mon, Jul 22, 2013, at 04:32 PM, Kevin Baker wrote:
>> Oh ... 
>> Huh that's interesting...
>>  I didnt realize 500 tt was a magic number
>> I thought it was a FG vs RG issue.
>>  
>> Thanks for the info
>> Kevin Baker 
>> .
>>  
>> On Jul 22, 2013, at 2:23 PM, Brett Ferrell <reflector at velocityxl.com> wrote:
>>  
>>> Mine's FG too, the 500 hours are the difference for you.... if we had 500 hours we could get insurance as well.
>>>  
>>> -- 
>>> Brett Ferrell
>>> reflector at velocityxl.com
>>>  
>>>  
>>>  
>>>  
>>> On Mon, Jul 22, 2013, at 02:38 PM, Kevin Baker wrote:
>>>> Fwiw
>>>> I was able to get full coverage quote w/ 1m lil, ect  for a elite FG 173 for about $2100-$2400 depend on insur company thru Costello without a problem.
>>>> I know its a FG but just for a datapoint
>>>>  
>>>> I have approximately 500hrs tt , no claims 
>>>>  
>>>> Thks
>>>> Kevin Baker 
>>>>  
>>>> .
>>>>  
>>>> On Jul 22, 2013, at 1:17 PM, Brett Ferrell <reflector at velocityxl.com> wrote:
>>>>  
>>>>> Nope, that's what we're getting as well.   A couple of underwriter's have left the market.  We still need to check Avemco, but we're being told that 500 hours or I think it was 350 and an instrument rating.  
>>>>>  
>>>>> Yes, we had hull, can't even get liability now.
>>>>>  
>>>>> Yes, factory check-out
>>>>>  
>>>>> No claims
>>>>>  
>>>>> We had worked through AUA, last two years with SkySmith, with Britt/Paulk as underwriter.  Currently being told that nobody will quote us.
>>>>>  
>>>>> -- 
>>>>> Brett Ferrell
>>>>> reflector at velocityxl.com
>>>>>  
>>>>>  
>>>>>  
>>>>> On Mon, Jul 22, 2013, at 11:28 AM, Scott Derrick wrote:
>>>>>> I know a couple guys having problems getting insurance as co-owners of a 
>>>>>> Velocity STD RG.
>>>>>>  
>>>>>> They both have about 350 hours TT, with 100+ complex.
>>>>>>  
>>>>>> Nobody appears willing to offer them a quote?  Per their story they are 
>>>>>> being told 500 or 1,000 hrs TT minimum?  I'm having a hard time 
>>>>>> believing this?
>>>>>>  
>>>>>> Anybody here recently get a "new" insurance policy for their RG with 
>>>>>> similar or less hours?  Geoff just posted he got a policy last year with 
>>>>>> 100 hrs TT.
>>>>>>  
>>>>>> A few relevant questions...
>>>>>>  
>>>>>> How many TT and complex hours did you have when you got the policy?
>>>>>>  
>>>>>> Did you get Hull insurance?
>>>>>>  
>>>>>> Did you take the factory training?
>>>>>>  
>>>>>> Have you ever had a prior claim?
>>>>>>  
>>>>>> Who did you get your policy with?
>>>>>>  
>>>>>> I would greatly  appreciate any info, posted here or sent to me directly 
>>>>>> at scott at tnstaafl.net.
>>>>>>  
>>>>>> I will anonymize anythign I forward to the two guys searching for a
>>>>>> policy.
>>>>>>  
>>>>>> thanks,
>>>>>>  
>>>>>> Scott
>>>>>>  
>>>>>>  
>>>>>> _______________________________________________
>>>>>> To change your email address, visit
>>>>>> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>>>>>>  
>>>>>> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
>>>>>> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>>>>>> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>>>>>> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>>>>> _______________________________________________
>>>>> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>>>>>  
>>>>> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
>>>>> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>>>>> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>>>>> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>>>> _______________________________________________
>>>> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>>>>  
>>>> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
>>>> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>>>> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>>>> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>>>  
>>> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
>>> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>>> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>>> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>> _______________________________________________
>> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>>  
>> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
>> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
> 
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20130722/bdada11c/attachment-0001.html>


More information about the Reflector mailing list