REFLECTOR: Oil Pressure Graphs

Brian Michalk michalk at awpi.com
Sun Jul 21 20:10:21 CDT 2013


Here is some information on my oil temperatures issues.  However, the 
oil temperatures are logged by the Autronic engine ECU, and I'm having 
RS232 issues connecting to that thing right now to get my data off of 
it.  Instead, what I have are oil pressures measured before the oil 
filter, and at the engine galley.  Higher oil temps mean lower oil pressure.

The procedure is: takeoff, climb to 3000', fly until oil temps hit 
redline at 230F, then descend to land.  However, on the last flight, I 
stayed up longer at the redline mark, I descended because there were 
showers in the area that I didn't want to deal with for wind gusts.  The 
last picture shows that oil pressures have stabilized. I did have the 
electric blower turned on for the entire flight. Another good test would 
be to run it without the blower.


Last month, 104F OAT.  Single cooler, both lines in one duct.


July 21, 95F.  Single cooler, split oil lines.



July 21, 95F, dual coolers in series, split oil lines.


Considering the first two, just separating the oil lines had a positive 
effect.  The OAT was different by about 10F, so it's not an absolute 
comparison, but I do believe that splitting the lines helps.

Consider the last two.  Adding the second cooler in series allows the 
pressures to stabilize (more convincingly).  However, there does appear 
to be a pressure penalty for using the second cooler in series.

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20130721/6af9e297/attachment-0001.html>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: cjbfhhde.png
Type: image/png
Size: 55860 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20130721/6af9e297/attachment-0003.png>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: jjfdjhdb.png
Type: image/png
Size: 61747 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20130721/6af9e297/attachment-0004.png>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: daaaiged.png
Type: image/png
Size: 55395 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20130721/6af9e297/attachment-0005.png>


More information about the Reflector mailing list