REFLECTOR: Oil Cooler Arrangement with Fan

Brian Michalk michalk at awpi.com
Sun Jul 21 19:02:31 CDT 2013


Also for today, I tested two oil cooler arrangements.  The first was 
with the single cooler, but using split oil lines.  One down each duct.  
It was 95F today, and I think this is a better arrangement, but I still 
did hit redline on the oil temps so came back down.  I am in the process 
of analyzing the temperature deltas and oil pressures to compare three 
different arrangements:
1) single cooler, lines in one duct.
2) single cooler, split lines
3) dual coolers in series, split lines


file:///tmp/Taylor-20130721-00352.jpg
I have the really, really big hatch.  This is looking from the nose 
towards the canard bulkhead.  See the oil cooler.  It's fed by a large 
submerged inlet, and exits through a large exhaust that's regulated by a 
big "cowl" flap.  The aluminum flapper assembly is what regulates cabin 
heat, and the secondary oil cooler mounts to that.


file:///tmp/Taylor-20130721-00353.jpg
This is a Spal blower.  I ordered it to fit the oil cooler, and it 
really fits nicely.

file:///tmp/Taylor-20130721-00355.jpg
With the blower and cooler mounted to the heater/duct assembly.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20130721/713f9ac7/attachment-0001.html>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: Taylor-20130721-00352.jpg
Type: image/jpeg
Size: 112846 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20130721/713f9ac7/attachment-0003.jpg>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: Taylor-20130721-00353.jpg
Type: image/jpeg
Size: 106434 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20130721/713f9ac7/attachment-0004.jpg>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: Taylor-20130721-00355.jpg
Type: image/jpeg
Size: 121194 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20130721/713f9ac7/attachment-0005.jpg>


More information about the Reflector mailing list