REFLECTOR: Fuel Tanks

Velocity velocityxl at fastmail.fm
Tue Jan 8 22:32:32 CST 2013


Cheaper gas is appealing but the thing I am in fear of most is at some 
point avgas will no longer be available.
They say they have come up with a solution for 80% of the general 
aviation fleet.  With fiberglass
tanks I am concerned we will be in the 20% group. I do not mean to sound 
like the sky is falling just
want to be ready if it starts to rain. Aluminum tank inserts??? OK yes 
Cheaper gas does sound real good also.

Ron

On 1/8/2013 6:02 PM, Chris Barber wrote:
> It was my understanding that the strake baffles are structual.  How 
> does this work on the inserts?  I had to redo my strakes a few years 
> ago when the Jeffco failed badly.  It came off both strakes in sheets 
> and flakes.  I do have an auto conversion, so yeah, the idea of 
> cheaper gas is very appealing.  I have had samples in local 10% 
> (mandated in the five counties surrounding Houston) ethonal for about 
> five years ago with no noted problem...but, ya never know.  I have 
> used both local auto gas and avgas during engine testing...now I am in 
> the early stages of Phase One and just have it on my mind.  Hope to 
> fly again on Thursday after addressing an issue which required an 
> engine tear down and rebuild.
>
> FWIW,
>
> Chris
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> *From:* reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] on 
> behalf of David Rene Dugas [renedugas at gmail.com]
> *Sent:* Tuesday, January 08, 2013 12:22 PM
> *To:* Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
> *Subject:* Re: REFLECTOR: Fuel Tanks
>
> I remember the pictures too. Looked good.
>
> Rene' Dugas
> Sent from an Apple.
>
> On Jan 7, 2013, at 9:00 PM, Jeff Barnes <jcbarnes411 at sbcglobal.net 
> <mailto:jcbarnes411 at sbcglobal.net>> wrote:
>
>> Hi Ron,
>>
>>        Jean Prudhomme made some. They were pre-fab - just drop into 
>> your strakes.  Pics are (were) up on TVBF.ORG <http://TVBF.ORG>.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Jeff Barnes
>>
>> --- On *Mon, 1/7/13, Velocity /<velocityxl at fastmail.fm 
>> <mailto:velocityxl at fastmail.fm>>/* wrote:
>>
>>
>>     From: Velocity <velocityxl at fastmail.fm
>>     <mailto:velocityxl at fastmail.fm>>
>>     Subject: REFLECTOR: Fuel Tanks
>>     To: "reflector at tvbf.org <mailto:reflector at tvbf.org>"
>>     <reflector at tvbf.org <mailto:reflector at tvbf.org>>
>>     Date: Monday, January 7, 2013, 7:50 PM
>>
>>     With all the talk of new fuels coming down the pipe I have been
>>     wondering what it might mean to
>>     fueling my velocity. My biggest concern is compatibility with the
>>     fuel strakes. I seem to remember
>>     some one made or was going to make a blow molded tank that fit in
>>     the fuel strakes. Does
>>     any one remember or know what ever became of this idea. Seems
>>     like a great fix
>>     if I was building now but it may be the only option in the future.
>>
>>     Ron
>>     _______________________________________________
>>     To change your email address, visit
>>     http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>>
>>     Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery <http://www.tvbf.org/gallery>
>>     user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>>     Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>>     <http://www.tvbf.org/pipermail>
>>     Check old archives:
>>     http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> To change your email address, visit 
>> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector 
>> <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector>
>>
>> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery <http://www.tvbf.org/gallery>
>> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail 
>> <http://www.tvbf.org/pipermail>
>> Check old archives: 
>> http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html 
>> <http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20130108/a641346e/attachment.html>


More information about the Reflector mailing list