REFLECTOR: Insurance

Doug Kanczuzewski doug at customstudio.com
Fri Aug 16 10:47:45 CDT 2013


The broker Pam was working for went thru some problems and she is now with a new agency.
Pam Sharpe
Southeast Aviation Agency, LLC

She is still a bit difficult to work with and waits to the last minute to get things done but has always managed to get it done, but not without some anxiety, and hounding on my part.
When ever I have tried other sources I have either come up blank or higher. Whoever it was that is getting $1,800 I would like to know what broker and coverage.

Doug K

From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On Behalf Of Jim Kanter
Sent: Friday, August 16, 2013 8:15 AM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Insurance

After years of insuring with Pam Sharpe she suddenly stopped returning any emails or phone calls.

I ended up going with Falcon Insurance through EAA for this year's renewal. Rates are a little more than I was getting from AUA but the agency is infinitely more responsive.

Falcon Insurance Agency, Inc.
CSR - EAA Department
Phone (866) 647-4322<tel:%28866%29%20647-4322>
Fax (830) 792-1144<tel:%28830%29%20792-1144>
Kerrville , TX

On Fri, Aug 16, 2013 at 8:55 AM, Tom Cacek <hytec45 at aol.com<mailto:hytec45 at aol.com>> wrote:
Pam Sharp was locked out from my carrier as a agent.  With the poor (lack of) service she provided for the many years I and many others received, it's no wonder.  You may want to try another agent.  I moved to Falcon a couple years ago, and have been happy.

Sent from AOL Mobile Mail



-----Original Message-----
From: Doug Kanczuzewski <doug at customstudio.com<mailto:doug at customstudio.com>>
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list <reflector at tvbf.org<mailto:reflector at tvbf.org>>
Sent: Thu, Aug 15, 2013 11:45 AM
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Insurance


I would love to see something under $2K, my last insurance coverage was for $2,612.

Experimental/retractable/ over 1200 hrs total time/ multi/ instrument ratings.

Full flight coverage, $120K hull from ARC.

I was told by Pam Sharpe there was not many carriers willing to cover, and others were even higher.



Doug K



From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org<mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org> [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org<mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org?>] On Behalf Of nmflyer1 at aol.com<mailto:nmflyer1 at aol.com>
Sent: Thursday, August 15, 2013 8:29 AM
To: reflector at tvbf.org<mailto:reflector at tvbf.org>
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Insurance



We got the same notice for the insurance on the Cub. Costello told us that the company was exiting the aircraft insurance market, and they got us 4 new quotes.



Just for the hell of it, Misty and I stopped by the EAA insurance tent at Oshkosh. We received a quote from them for about $2300. That was about $400 more than Costello had gotten for us.





Kurt

-----Original Message-----
From: David Ullman <ullman at robustdecisions.com<mailto:ullman at robustdecisions.com>>
To: reflector <reflector at tvbf.org<mailto:reflector at tvbf.org>>
Sent: Thu, Aug 15, 2013 8:01 am
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Insurance

Received a terse note in the mail yesterday titled "Notice of Nonrenewal of

Insurance".  I have my SEFG insurance with Britt/Paulk (through EAA) and it

appears that " The reason for nonrenewal is carrier exiting program".  I

assume that means the B/P is getting out of insuring airplanes, Velocitiies

or????



I have fixed gear and 100 hours, so we will see what EAA tells me.  I have

until Oct 1st to find new insurance.  I will try some of the other agents

suggested here.





David Ullman

N444DX

President EAA 292

541-760-2338<tel:541-760-2338>

david at davidullman.com<mailto:david at davidullman.com>









_______________________________________________

To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector



Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery<http://www.tvbf.org/gallery>

user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose

Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail<http://www.tvbf.org/pipermail>

Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html

_______________________________________________

To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector



Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery<http://www.tvbf.org/gallery>

user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose

Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail<http://www.tvbf.org/pipermail>

Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html

_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery<http://www.tvbf.org/gallery>
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail<http://www.tvbf.org/pipermail>
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20130816/9a519e05/attachment.html>


More information about the Reflector mailing list