REFLECTOR: CamLoc's

Chris Barber cbarber at texasattorney.net
Mon Apr 15 13:27:32 CDT 2013


I have used two to secure my battery access hatch. After my visit to Velocity last spring for transition training and seeng it used there, I modified this hatch to have the long tab (looks kinda like a duckbill) on the front and two camlocks secure the back. Makes it much easier to remove.  I can use any US coin except a nickel to quickly remove it. I hated removing the four screws to access the battery to jump it during testing.

Chris

Sent from my iPhone 5

On Apr 14, 2013, at 19:29, "Mark Magee" <edjonesbrady at gmail.com<mailto:edjonesbrady at gmail.com>> wrote:

Gordon,
Thanks for feedback. My paint shop wants me to use Camlocks vs Skybolt, possibly for this reason? He has good results in using them on multiple Lancair derivatives.
I understand we are going flush mount and I'm still studying what reinforcing has to be done to the laminates.

Mark B. Magee
Sent from IPhone 4S

Watch, stand fast in the faith, be brave, be strong. Let all that you do be done with love. 1COR 16:13-14

On Apr 14, 2013, at 1:26 PM, Gordon Putney <cgputney at gmail.com<mailto:cgputney at gmail.com>> wrote:

I have used Skybolts for the cowling, but lack of an "ejector" function makes them very difficult to remove the upper cowl due to the "sliding" engagement coupled with gravity.   I ended up removing all fasteners between the upper cowl and the fuselage( used aluminum angles as guides) and employing conical springs to disengage those between the upper cowl and the wing.   I believe Camloc has an "ejector" version.


On Sun, Apr 14, 2013 at 11:47 AM, Don Johnston <numa at comcast.net<mailto:numa at comcast.net>> wrote:
Has anyone ever used (or considered using) CamLoc's to secure the cowling?


_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery<http://www.tvbf.org/gallery>
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail<http://www.tvbf.org/pipermail>
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html

_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery<http://www.tvbf.org/gallery>
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail<http://www.tvbf.org/pipermail>
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery<http://www.tvbf.org/gallery>
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail<http://www.tvbf.org/pipermail>
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20130415/5848aac9/attachment.html>


More information about the Reflector mailing list