REFLECTOR: CamLoc's
Mark Magee
edjonesbrady at gmail.com
Sun Apr 14 19:26:18 CDT 2013
Gordon,
Thanks for feedback. My paint shop wants me to use Camlocks vs Skybolt, possibly for this reason? He has good results in using them on multiple Lancair derivatives.
I understand we are going flush mount and I'm still studying what reinforcing has to be done to the laminates.
Mark B. Magee
Sent from IPhone 4S
Watch, stand fast in the faith, be brave, be strong. Let all that you do be done with love. 1COR 16:13-14
On Apr 14, 2013, at 1:26 PM, Gordon Putney <cgputney at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have used Skybolts for the cowling, but lack of an "ejector" function makes them very difficult to remove the upper cowl due to the "sliding" engagement coupled with gravity. I ended up removing all fasteners between the upper cowl and the fuselage( used aluminum angles as guides) and employing conical springs to disengage those between the upper cowl and the wing. I believe Camloc has an "ejector" version.
>
>
> On Sun, Apr 14, 2013 at 11:47 AM, Don Johnston <numa at comcast.net> wrote:
>> Has anyone ever used (or considered using) CamLoc's to secure the cowling?
>>
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>>
>> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
>> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20130414/ac9c5669/attachment.html>
More information about the Reflector
mailing list