REFLECTOR: Strake Fuel Placard?

Scott Baker scottb33333 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 06:24:28 CST 2012


On 11/12/2012 11:04 PM, Kevin Baker wrote:
> Hi All,
> I was told the other day that we were required to have a Fuel placard 
> (indicating type and # of gal) on each strake but the filler cap.
> I was told if we were ramp checked it would be an issue.
>
> What are your guys experience with this and I thought I've seen exp 
> planes with and without them so what's the official story?
>
> Thanks,
> Kevin Baker
> N164PS
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit 
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html

It is my understanding that fuel placards are required.  DAR should have 
mentioned this during airworthiness inspection.
That being said, I have seen experimental aircraft owners apply 
temporary placards to pass the airworthiness inspection - who later 
remove the placards for whatever reason.
I imagine the FAA would construe this as a violation.  If the aircraft 
was licensed with the placards - and the placards are now removed - then 
your insurance company may have a reason to question coverage in event 
of a claim.
Scott B.


More information about the Reflector mailing list