REFLECTOR: Oil cooler (FG)

Grover McNair grover at mcnairperformance.com
Thu May 17 12:10:02 CDT 2012


After much research I decided on the positech oil cooler also. The two pass
design works very well.

Grover McNair

 

  _____  

From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of nmflyer1 at aol.com
Sent: Thursday, May 17, 2012 11:18 AM
To: reflector at tvbf.org
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Oil cooler (FG)

 

My Velocity is too different to help with comparison. However: 

 

I have not had very good luck with the airflow style of coolers. I had one
in my 180 and 235, and had constand weeps, leaks, high temps, etc. (even
after "repaired/Refurbished").

 

I switched to this style:
http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/eppages/positech.php    

Have not had a single problem since in almost 1000 hrs. Temps are better, no
leaks, etc. 

 

Might help in the V as well. 

 

Kurt 



-----Original Message-----
From: Kevin Baker <flykb at verizon.net>
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list <reflector at tvbf.org>
Sent: Thu, May 17, 2012 8:38 am
Subject: REFLECTOR: Oil cooler (FG)

Hi All
I'm thinking of replacing my oil cooler (FG) with a bigger one to get my oil

temps down during hot Texas days.
I dont have room in the whine compartment for a 2nd.
So my question is who makes the most efficient oil cooler or are they all
about 
the same?
I was looking to replace mine with a 2008x airflow.
Running an io360 200hp
 
Thanks for the thoughts
Kevin Baker 
N164PS
 
.
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
 
Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20120517/6ba5bc0d/attachment.htm>


More information about the Reflector mailing list