REFLECTOR: Oil cooler (FG)

Doug Kanczuzewski doug at customstudio.com
Thu May 17 10:52:30 CDT 2012


I have a custom made positech oil cooler and it has worked well in my IO-540, no problems even when I had high cylinder temps.

Doug K

From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On Behalf Of nmflyer1 at aol.com
Sent: Thursday, May 17, 2012 8:18 AM
To: reflector at tvbf.org
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Oil cooler (FG)

My Velocity is too different to help with comparison. However:

I have not had very good luck with the airflow style of coolers. I had one in my 180 and 235, and had constand weeps, leaks, high temps, etc. (even after "repaired/Refurbished").

I switched to this style:  http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/eppages/positech.php
Have not had a single problem since in almost 1000 hrs. Temps are better, no leaks, etc.

Might help in the V as well.

Kurt

-----Original Message-----
From: Kevin Baker <flykb at verizon.net>
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list <reflector at tvbf.org>
Sent: Thu, May 17, 2012 8:38 am
Subject: REFLECTOR: Oil cooler (FG)

Hi All

I'm thinking of replacing my oil cooler (FG) with a bigger one to get my oil

temps down during hot Texas days.

I dont have room in the whine compartment for a 2nd.

So my question is who makes the most efficient oil cooler or are they all about

the same?

I was looking to replace mine with a 2008x airflow.

Running an io360 200hp



Thanks for the thoughts

Kevin Baker

N164PS



.

_______________________________________________

To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector



Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery<http://www.tvbf.org/gallery>

user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose

Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail<http://www.tvbf.org/pipermail>

Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20120517/e44cc466/attachment-0001.htm>


More information about the Reflector mailing list