REFLECTOR: Cooling the engine
Stockman, Bill
bill.stockman at daytonaero.com
Tue Mar 27 08:31:30 CDT 2012
I've got a four into one exhaust that goes right under the oil pan and next to the alternator. I've tried wrapping
And heat shields, but its still way to close. The wrapping does help.
I've ordered a new exhaust from the factory (still waiting after 2+ months) and hope that will improve ops. The heat cooks the alternator.
Bill Stockman
Senior Associate
Dayton Aerospace, Inc.
937.426.4300 Office
937.369.4799 Cell
bill.stockman at daytonaero.com<mailto:bill.stockman at daytonaero.com>
www.daytonaero.com
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On Behalf Of Ron Velocity XLFG
Sent: Monday, March 26, 2012 11:57 PM
To: reflector at tvbf.org
Subject: REFLECTOR: Cooling the engine
Well I have to high engine temps and I am working on reducing them.
Exhaust wrap I have read that they are good at keeps the heat out of the cowling
Bad may cause a crack in the pipes any one tried this method
with success of failure?
I have a two in to one exhaust that goes next to the oil pan .
First I was going to wrap the exhaust pipes but now I may consider
making two straight pipes out of the engine instead of the two in to one.
My hope would be cooler engine. any thoughts. I did the two in to one
with the idea of reducing engine noise but if it is adding heat it must go.
Tried a few mods to the nacas. None helped most made it worse for
cooling. I had fans to help in cooling on the ground I removed them
and it helped in the air but now I must get in the air a little more quickly now.
I was going to add a cowling flap I have heard this would help any thoughts?
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20120327/d285018a/attachment.htm>
More information about the Reflector
mailing list