REFLECTOR: Plane flies sideways
Ron Velocity XLFG
VelocityXL at fastmail.fm
Tue Mar 13 23:39:15 CDT 2012
Thanks for all the input on my plane fling sideways . So far my findings are the front
wheel is really out of balance. I mentioned a vibration a few weeks back at take off
and now I think I have found it . The front wheel is really out of balance. I did as some suggested
and tapped the brakes after take off but the vibration still continued . I believe the tire is so out of balance that
it is causing the front wheel to turn in the air. On touch down a had a friend tell me he saw the tire do a complete
360 spin before going straight which makes me think that the front wheel is vibrating so much that
it causes the front wheel to turn . He also said he thought the front wheel looked to be turn as I came down final
but he was not sure . So now I will balance the front wheel and see if it helps.
Ron
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20120313/1cbc0efb/attachment.htm>
More information about the Reflector
mailing list