REFLECTOR: Uneven Cylinder Cooling

Scott Derrick scott at tnstaafl.net
Sun Mar 11 18:26:34 CDT 2012


Those CHT temps don't look that bad to me?

The EGT's are certainly low, running very rich I guess?

I'd like to see the CHT's when you've adjusted the EGT's up to 100 ROP 
or 75 LOP and let everything stabilize.??

Scott

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: REFLECTOR: Uneven Cylinder Cooling
From: Richard J. Gentil <richard at naples-air-center.com>
To: reflector at tvbf.org <reflector at tvbf.org>
Date: 03/11/2012 11:02 AM

> I'm about 20 hours into the flight testing of my SERG with the dual overhead  NACA cooling plenum on a Lycoming IX-390-X and three bladed MT Prop.
>
> I have added aluminum deflectors in the runners of the plenum to direct more air to the number 3&  4 cylinders and made sure that the plenum does not have any air escaping around the outer edges of the cylinders but no luck so far.
>
> Here are the numbers  getting on the engine:
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Richard
>
> Sent from my iPhone 4 Classic
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html

-- 
To live and let live, without clamour for distinction or recognition; to 
wait on divine love; to write truth first on the tablet of one's own 
heart - this is the sanity and perfection of living.
Mary Baker Eddy


More information about the Reflector mailing list