REFLECTOR: Blow by
John Dibble
aminetech at bluefrog.com
Sat Mar 10 11:13:37 CST 2012
Blow by is when combustion gases escape past the rings. The compression
test is an indicator of the relative amount of blow by. The lower the
compression, the more the blow by.
John
On 3/10/2012 11:01 AM, Lou Stedman wrote:
> Last week we were discussing the amount of oil different engines burn
> in a given time. I mentioned that I do not fill up my crankcase
> because the first quart will blow out within an hour if I do that .
> However if I fill to six quarts I don't go through another quart for
> about four to five hours. After that I got a note from someone that I
> should not do as I described as it is a indication that there is a
> blow by problem with my engine (Lyc IO-360). If this is true, what is
> the cause of blow by?
> Lou Stedman
> Velocity SEFG
> N7044Q
> Olean, NY
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20120310/2280db6d/attachment.htm>
More information about the Reflector
mailing list