REFLECTOR: Aileron binding?
John Tvedte
johnt at comp-sol.com
Wed Jul 11 16:29:54 CDT 2012
Don,
With the Aileron torque tube travelling through an arc - a spherical bearing will help with binding. In my case, I'm going 'old school' (aka Long EZ/Cozy) - and using a universal joint at the connection between the torque tube and the aileron, in conjunction with the spherical bearing at the wing root. Parts are available off the shelf from Cozy Girls, and Infinity Aerospace. Let me know if you'd like part #'s, etc.
John
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On Behalf Of Don Johnston
Sent: Wednesday, July 11, 2012 10:11 AM
To: reflector at tvbf.org
Subject: REFLECTOR: Aileron binding?
Not really sure if this is a bind or just normal.
I'm working on getting the aileron cable path just right. No sharp or unnecessary turns, etc.
It just feels... tight. With one aileron connected, the amount of stick force to move the aileron seems like a lot. Now I don't have anything to compare it to so it's possible that this is normal. I just don't know.
Maybe the cable need to be lubricated? (it has been sitting around for about 5 years)
Don
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20120711/94bce08a/attachment-0001.html>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: Bearing.jpg
Type: image/jpeg
Size: 41633 bytes
Desc: Bearing.jpg
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20120711/94bce08a/attachment-0001.jpg>
More information about the Reflector
mailing list