REFLECTOR: Aileron binding?
Terrence Miles
terrence_miles at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 11 11:02:51 CDT 2012
Don,
I had the same. My ailerons are stiff and do not flop at all like other
airplanes do, but seem to be common in the XL anyway. In fact I have unnec
left-right play in mind because I increased the size of the drill hole for
the thru bolt that connects control stick to aileron torque tube in the
belief that "had to be" the interference bind. I believe now it is just all
the rigging. All connected up you will find a lot of elevator resistance
too.no flop at all. .but check other velo's to your to be sure. That's
what I did, and still do.
Terry
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Don Johnston
Sent: Wednesday, July 11, 2012 10:11 AM
To: reflector at tvbf.org
Subject: REFLECTOR: Aileron binding?
Not really sure if this is a bind or just normal.
I'm working on getting the aileron cable path just right. No sharp or
unnecessary turns, etc.
It just feels... tight. With one aileron connected, the amount of stick
force to move the aileron seems like a lot. Now I don't have anything to
compare it to so it's possible that this is normal. I just don't know.
Maybe the cable need to be lubricated? (it has been sitting around for about
5 years)
Don
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20120711/9a239605/attachment.html>
More information about the Reflector
mailing list