REFLECTOR: What height for jacks?

jerry at jlbent.com jerry at jlbent.com
Sun Jan 15 12:59:55 CST 2012


I used two of these from Harbor Frieght.  I had to cut them down, but that
was easy enough.  I think I took about 13" off the legs and the inside jack
tube bottom.  I have a cut off saw so that was easy, but even with a
hacksaw, it wouldn't be too bad.  They work great and adjust to handle
either a FG or RG.

As with most things at HF, the price can vary a bunch.  If I recall
correctly I bought both for the price shown for one.

If more details are needed, I can take pictures

[LINK:
http://www.harborfreight.com/2-ton-capacity-underhoist-safety-stand-41860.html]
http://www.harborfreight.com/2-ton-capacity-underhoist-safety-stand-41860.html


Jerry Brainard
Jerry at JLBEnt.com


  	-------Original Message-------
From: Reiff Lorenz
To: reflector at tvbf.org
Subject: REFLECTOR: What height for jacks?
Sent: Jan 15 '12 12:46pm


My recently-started kit is in Sebastian right now. I'm headed back there in
a few weeks. In the meantime I'm looking for projects here at home.


I've started buiding a set of jack stands from 4"x4" fence posts with bases
made from ply-wood triangles. Since my plane isn't here, though, I don't
know how tall to make the stands.


Can someone tell me: what's the vertical distance between the ground and
the bottom of the main spar on an XL-RG. Also, how much travel (lifting
distance) should the bottle jacks mounted on the stands provide?


Any advice on the brand of bottle-jack and the best method of mounting them
would also be appreciated.


Thanks!


Reiff Lorenz

XL-RG, 15% done
          --------------------
  _______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit [LINK:
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector]
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: [LINK:
http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html]
http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20120115/69860ef1/attachment.htm>


More information about the Reflector mailing list