REFLECTOR: What height for jacks?

Reiff Lorenz Reiff at Lorenz.com
Sun Jan 15 11:46:28 CST 2012


My recently-started kit is in Sebastian right now. I'm headed back there in a few weeks. In the meantime I'm looking for projects here at home.

I've started buiding a set of jack stands from 4"x4" fence posts with bases made from ply-wood triangles. Since my plane isn't here, though, I don't know how tall to make the stands.

Can someone tell me: what's the vertical distance between the ground and the bottom of the main spar on an XL-RG. Also, how much travel (lifting distance) should the bottle jacks mounted on the stands provide?

Any advice on the brand of bottle-jack and the best method of mounting them would also be appreciated.

Thanks!

Reiff Lorenz
XL-RG, 15% done
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20120115/e4a01d49/attachment.htm>


More information about the Reflector mailing list