REFLECTOR: Engine Starting

Andy Millin amillin at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jan 13 19:51:31 CST 2012


I don't know about pitfalls Mike, but...

The ElectroAir fires on every stroke.  So ... if you had some residual fuel
in a cylinder and started cranking it, and it was on the exhaust stroke, it
might, MIGHT fire.  I guess it could backfire through the servo.

On the other hand, ElectroAir will, without hesitation sell you a dual
electronic ignition system.  In that case you have no choice but to start on
it.

I guess it is up to you to figure out how much of a real hazard there is.

If you are really concerned about it, then leave the EIS off until the
engine cranks one rev then turn it on.

Andy

-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Mike Wilson
Sent: Friday, January 13, 2012 8:11 PM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: REFLECTOR: Engine Starting

Can someone please remind me the pitfalls of starting my velocity on the
electronic ignition.

My bird has the Lycoming IO-540 (300hp) and one standard bendex mag and one
electro aire.


I know that John has explained this before but for some reason I can not
login to my account and look over the archives.

Thanks
Mike
N99KT
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html



More information about the Reflector mailing list