REFLECTOR: VG

Ron N Velocity XLFG VelocityXL at fastmail.fm
Fri Jan 6 14:29:12 CST 2012


Death wish with out Vortilon's ? Please enlighten me as I am a new flier 
and have not installed them yet. Pretty sure the Velocity trainer also did not have them

Ron
  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Scott Derrick 
  To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list 
  Sent: Friday, January 06, 2012 10:54 AM
  Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: VG


  I think your confused.  What was mounted on your Glastar where Vortilons, not VG's.  We have Vortilons on the V's and only people with a death wish fly without them. VG's on the other hand are optional, but I think they are worth every penny and hassle.

  Scott

  -------- Original Message --------
  Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: VG
  From: Peter Braswell <peter.braswell at gmail.com>
  To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list <reflector at tvbf.org>
  Date: 01/06/2012 08:58 AM

    All, 
    The VG's seem to be a bit of a pain to deal with.  I was wondering about the tangible benefit they provide and are they worth the heart burn?


    I had VG's on my Glastar.  They were however just triangular shaped devices that were mounted just above the airfoil out on the leading edge and they roughly followed the curvature of the wing.  There were two on each wing, one mounted about 3/4 outboard and the other right at the root.  They were advertised to lower the stall speed and to help maintain aileron effectiveness at low airspeeds.  I ended up removing the root mounted VG's to better seal the wing root area (the cabin was drafty) and I didn't notice one bit of difference in either handling or the stall speed.


    Peter

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

    "It's a Jungle Up There": www.zuluworks.com 
    Great Aviation Gear: www.sky-gadgets.com
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------




    On Fri, Jan 6, 2012 at 9:52 AM, Scott Derrick <scott at tnstaafl.net> wrote:

      I have CC I vg's on my plane. They are OK. They are sharp and care must be used when washing the plane. They also get brittle over time, they are not UV proof as advertised. 


      Barry Gibbons <gibbons at as.net> wrote:


        I was looking at Velocity‘s store web site and they didn’t have the VG for the wings and canard. I found a place called CCI of New Jersey has any body used their VGs?

      Barry


      _______________________________________________
      To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

      Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
      user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
      Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
      Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html




_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html

-- 
All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

------------------------------------------------------------------------------


  _______________________________________________
  To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

  Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
  user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
  Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
  Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20120106/5b265fc3/attachment-0001.htm>


More information about the Reflector mailing list