REFLECTOR: Update on N173VS static RPM
Burrall L Sanders
craftsman at freeflightcomposites.com
Thu Feb 23 14:38:20 CST 2012
If you want to check your induction for leaks and don’t mind getting under your engine while it is running, I have a way to check it. Start it up and let it idle and take a can of starting fluid and with light little bursts spray the intake system joints and seams, the engine will let you know if it is getting any of the fluid by small rpm changes.
Hope this helps.
Burrall
www.freeflightcomposites.com
From: Brett Ferrell
Sent: Thursday, February 23, 2012 12:46 PM
To: reflector
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Update on N173VS static RPM
And check between the engine intake and the servo... my engine shipped without the gasket there, which caused the loss of some hairs....
Brett
> Hmm, yes, several folks have talked about intake leaks as a possibility. I kept thinking about intake leaks before the fuel controller, not the intake tubes that go from the intake plenum to the heads. I had all those off to clean them. I'll have a look at those and see if maybe that hot cylinder has a leaky intake tube making it run real lean. Thanks.
> Geoff
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20120223/5719e5e4/attachment.htm>
More information about the Reflector
mailing list