REFLECTOR: Fw: [SARL-Racers] Sedona Airport

Laurence Coen lwcoen at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 26 12:52:03 CDT 2012


The poll was up this morning and showed at least 95% in favor of leaving the airport alone.  I checked Google earth and it seems this person is located about a mile+ off the departure end of runway 21 and 750 feet lower in elevation.  I can't imagine jet stink floating straight down about 0.4 miles with any consistency and assaulting this woman's olfactory sense.

Larry Coen
N136LC


From: jerry at jlbent.com 
Sent: Thursday, April 26, 2012 12:09 PM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list 
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR:Fw: [SARL-Racers] Sedona Airport



 I think they have taken down the poll.

Jerry Brainard
Jerry at JLBEnt.com



     -------Original Message-------
      From: Jeff Barnes 
      To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list 
      Cc: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list 
      Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Fw: [SARL-Racers] Sedona Airport
      Sent: Apr 25 '12 7:42pm

            Here: http://www.redrocknews.com


            Hope we can come across as nice loveablle pilots who love Sedona and enjoy it because they have an airport,  This is an opinion poll in local paper - hope we serve to educate - Geez, I'd love to have a Young Eagle rally there.  For every child I've flown, I've seen their parent(s) adopt the airport - they come to own it. 

            Regards,

            Jeff Barnes

            --- On Wed, 4/25/12, Mark Magee wrote:


              From: Mark Magee 
              Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Fw: [SARL-Racers] Sedona Airport
              To: "Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list" 
              Cc: "Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list" 
              Date: Wednesday, April 25, 2012, 7:05 PM


              I somehow missed the link and couldn't Google my way to it: can someone please steer me to the site supporting keeping the Sedona Airport open?
              Many sites I found trying to shut it down.
              Thanks

              Mark B. Magee 
              Sent from IPhone 4

              On Apr 25, 2012, at 6:41 PM, David Rene Dugas <renedugas at gmail.com> wrote:



                I responded.  Great memories of landing there with my teenage daughter. 
                Rene'


                On Apr 25, 2012, at 10:01 AM, nmflyer1 at aol.com wrote:


                  John, 

                  I can provide you with a digital copy, or the link to the County sight to get it (I think). It takes a LOT of education to get it passed. Educating the Non-Aviation types that is. Naturally, many people get very sensative over property rights.... so the hardest part is teaching them why it is important and what it really does. 

                  Not sure all the Velocity folks want to hear the rest of this, so E-mail me directly if you like and I can help further. 

                  NOTE:  This kind of task Will slow down Velocity construction/flying.. trust me :) 

                  Kurt Winker
                  NMFlyer1 at aol.com
                  505-610-3676


                  -----Original Message-----
                  From: John Dibble <aminetech at bluefrog.com>
                  To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list <reflector at tvbf.org>
                  Sent: Wed, Apr 25, 2012 7:00 am
                  Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Fw: [SARL-Racers] Sedona Airport


                  How do I get this ordinance?

                  John

                  On 4/24/2012 10:34 PM, nmflyer1 at aol.com wrote: 
                    That is exactly why I worked for over 3 years to get an airspace ordinance  (the first in the State) that would protect our airpark from such things.  
                    Not only does it protect us against vertical encroachment into safe airspace, but it lets people know right of the bat that they are buying property near an airport. 


                    I'll do anything I can to help those guys, Sedona should be helping as well. They should know the importance of that airport to their area. 


                    Kurt Winker
                    Manager, 
                    Mid Valley Airport (E98)
                    Los Luans, NM 87031
                    505-610-3676




_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
_______________________________________________
                  To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

                  Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
                  user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
                  Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
                  Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html


                _______________________________________________
                To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

                Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
                user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
                Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
                Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html

              -----Inline Attachment Follows-----


              _______________________________________________
              To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

              Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
              user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
              Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
              Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
      _______________________________________________
      To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

      Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
      user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
      Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
      Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html 



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20120426/5506ab46/attachment-0001.htm>


More information about the Reflector mailing list