REFLECTOR: Nose gear gas strut

Geoff Gerhardt geoff.gerhardt at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 08:14:02 CDT 2012


Don,

I had the same issue.  Replaced the gas strut with a new one and the
problem was solved.  Nasty job, tho.  My hands looked like I'd been in a
cat fight by the time I was done.  I've seen a variety of tools to keep the
strut compressed while you put in on.  I compressed the strut and used
safety wire to hold it while I snapped it on.

Geoff

On Fri, Apr 6, 2012 at 9:00 AM, Don Johnston <numa at comcast.net> wrote:

> My nose gear is not going over center when the dump valve is opened. It
> does without the nose gear hydraulic cylinder connected. It seems the added
> resistance of the hydraulic cylinder is enough to restrict the last 1/4" of
> movement.
>
> Is this normal? I know about of the "broomstick" trick but I'm curious if
> that's the norm.
>
> Maybe a slightly stronger gas strut?
>
> -Don Johnston
> XL-RG
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20120406/28055a69/attachment.htm>


More information about the Reflector mailing list