REFLECTOR: Altitude
Scott Baker
scottb33333 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 06:03:24 CDT 2011
Hi Ruben,
There are several routes that can take you to the west coast without needing to climb over 10,000'msl.
What are your destinations? I am sure several will offer their recommendations and experiences on different route choices.
Scott B
----- Original Message -----
From: Ruben Creus
To: reflector at tvbf.org
Sent: Thursday, September 15, 2011 12:11 AM
Subject: REFLECTOR: Altitude
Hi all,
I am planning a trip to the West coast from the East coast and it happens the Rocky Mountains are in the between. I have a SE-FG with an IO-360 180HP. I wonder if anyone has any experience climbing to 16,000ft (the max. ceiling) with this type of configuration and what performance is to expect climbing and cruising at that altitude. I can climb fine to 9,000ft or 10,000ft but never gone above. I have also looked at the Aerox oxygen system, it seems very compact. The other issue would be taking off at fields that are at 7,000ft. Certainly they have long runways.
So, I wonder if there is anyone in that area who could share their experience in this type of adventure.
Thanks.
Ruben Creus
N21VA
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20110915/ccdd89b0/attachment.htm>
More information about the Reflector
mailing list