REFLECTOR: Aileron Rigging

Brett Ferrell reflector at velocityxl.com
Tue Sep 6 09:18:31 CDT 2011


We had this issue too, and I *think* we fixed it by small adjustments to
the wing root bracket (push it a little inboard or a little outboard) to
change the cable approach angle to the control horn.  Sounds stupid, I
know, but that's what I recall... maybe it was a bad dream...


Brett


	-------Original Message-------
  From: Alex Balic
  To: 'Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list'
  Subject: REFLECTOR: Aileron Rigging
  Sent: 06 Sep '11 08:55

  For all those that have been here and solved this fun Geometry puzzle:

  I have just been around to checking my flight control throws, since
  hopefully they will be put to actual use soon, and my ailerons are a bit
out
  of adjustment-
  Symptom: Both ailerons have 4" of throw (as measured at the inboard end)
but
  the right one has "normal" movement with 2-1/2" inches down, and 1-1/2
  inches up. But the left side is exactly the opposite, with more throw up
  than down.

  1) both ailerons are exactly neutral with stick neutral.
  2) both aileron  control arms are at the same angle with respect to the
  wing/aluminum brackets when neutral.
  3) stick throw seems to be identical right and left, but I don't think
that
  any slight difference in this would cause this particular problem.


  The only thing I can think of is that the horn on the keel end of the
  aileron torque tube is not exactly aligned with the stick,- I was not
able
  to directly measure this yesterday since there is a lot of stuff back
there.

  Any help would be appreciated.

  Thanks
  Alex

  _______________________________________________
  To change your email address, visit [LINK:
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector]
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

  Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
  user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
  Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
  Check old archives: [LINK:
http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html]
http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20110906/bfb33851/attachment-0003.htm>


More information about the Reflector mailing list