REFLECTOR: Toggle Switch "Security Caps"

Chris Barber cbarber at texasattorney.net
Tue Nov 22 09:14:56 CST 2011


Yes, I have the Perihelion Design toggle guard like you, however, for whatever reason, my switches stick up above the guard a bit.  I do like the look and really like the fact that the loop toggle guard from Perihelion Design also act well as a hand rest steadying device when using the switches.



I can use the standard "rocket launch" (I call them rocket launch cuz I seem to remember them being used in old "B movies' as the cover that would be dramatically lifted before the "button" was pressed to launch nukes, etc) guards, I just liked the ones that I show in the PDF file that was originally attached.  I thought they were a bit smaller and more elegant than the rocket launch style.



Yes, I also agree I am now seeking something that does not exist...or at least not at a price I would be willing to pay.  I may move to locking toggle switches eventually, but they are pricey too at this stage when I can easily use the standard guard available everywhere.  I am still a bit dismayed by the cost of the one from APEM that I show in the PDF.



I have found a blog list that discusses the difficulty of finding any other than the standard type...at least at a reasonable cost and availability....some showed mil surplus.  Oh, well, too many other things to focus on for now.  Thanks guys/gals



Chris

________________________________
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] on behalf of Don Johnston [don at numa.aero]
Sent: Monday, November 21, 2011 4:44 PM
To: reflector at tvbf.org
Subject: REFLECTOR: Toggle Switch "Security Caps"

Great minds think alike. :-)

I thought about a switch cover. But, like you, I could find one that "worked". So then I thought about the likelyhood of accidentially hitting the master or mag switch. Since the switchguards extend beyond the switch itself, I decided that it would take a 1:1,000,000 shot to hit the switch. And it would have to be pulled down.

So I'm just going with the guards.

Early test version:
http://www.velocity-xl.com/pictures/2010/IMG_0805.JPG

-don

Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2011 22:31:16 +0000
From: Chris Barber <cbarber at texasattorney.net<mailto:cbarber at texasattorney.net>>
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Toggle Switch "Security Caps"

I have the perihelion design toggle guards and they are in use, but since my plane is all electric, with an electronic ignition system (rotary), I want to ensure my primary master and primary fuel pump are as secure as possible, thus my desire for this, what I would think, simple design......guess not so simple.



Chris
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20111122/4732affc/attachment.htm>


More information about the Reflector mailing list