REFLECTOR: Toggle Switch "Security Caps"
Alex Balic
velocity_pilot at verizon.net
Mon Nov 21 17:47:48 CST 2011
Chris- Try these:
http://parts.digikey.com/1/parts-kws/honeywell-locking-toggle
you have to pull up/out on the handle to be able to change position on the
switch- hard to do by mistake...
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Chris Barber
Sent: Monday, November 21, 2011 4:31 PM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Toggle Switch "Security Caps"
I have the perihelion design toggle guards and they are in use, but since my
plane is all electric, with an electronic ignition system (rotary), I want
to ensure my primary master and primary fuel pump are as secure as possible,
thus my desire for this, what I would think, simple design......guess not so
simple.
Chris
_____
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] on behalf of
Matt Bucko [mbuc310 at cox.net]
Sent: Monday, November 21, 2011 4:19 PM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Toggle Switch "Security Caps"
http://www.periheliondesign.com/
Matt
On 11/21/2011 2:33 PM, Don Johnston wrote:
$12.00
http://www.steinair.net/storedetail.cfm?productid=373
Don
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2011 21:05:46 +0000
From: Chris Barber <cbarber at texasattorney.net>
Subject: REFLECTOR: Toggle Switch "Security Caps"
Wow, I am beside myself understanding this. I concede only a base knowledge
of supply and demand, but that these toggle switch guards, which I really
like, cost almost $225.00 EACH with a five unit minimum is astounding.
Perhaps you engineer types can shed some light on what makes what seems like
a pretty simple design so pricey......even in aviation dollars this seems
high. Only one supplier too (may be part of the problem). Also, I have not
been able to locate anything similar. I like the openness of the design and
what seems to be a smaller footprint than the standard toggle cover I am use
to seeing. What am I missing?
I wish I had the skill set to make my own. Heck, if I used gold, I am not
sure if they would cost me as much...and gold would not be the best material
for the purpose...or I wouldn't think so.....
Chris Barber
Houston
Stupid JD/Cop/Builder/hopeful flyer of what has been built.
Freedman and Hyack did not prepare me for this.....;-)
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
--
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20111121/8560f354/attachment-0001.htm>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Type: image/gif
Size: 14607 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20111121/8560f354/attachment-0001.gif>
More information about the Reflector
mailing list