REFLECTOR: Sticking rudder pedals

Dennis Martin dennis.doc at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 13:23:49 CST 2011


Geoff,

Not sure if this will help because I do not have the toe brake setup, but
my pedals would not return, and my rudders were slow to return.  I
installed a spring on each cable back in the firewall area (where the
cockpit cable is linked to the wing cable) Select a spring that's strong
enough to pull the pedal back to neutral. Also, did you cut the spring
inside the rudder to a shorter length? Cut at least 1/4 length off of the
springs. John Abraham did this on both of my rudders and it works great.

Hope this helps,

Dennis

On Sun, Nov 13, 2011 at 5:14 PM, Geoff Gerhardt <geoff.gerhardt at gmail.com>wrote:

> I have the toe break rudder pedal setup.  I just setup my rudders
> yesterday and found that the co-pilot left rudder pedal doesn't work.
>  Without the rudders attached both pedals, all the pedals work smooth, but
> as soon as I connected the rudder cables to the pedal system, the pilot
> pedals work nice and smooth and can exercise the rudders thru their entire
> range, and the co-pilot right rudder pedal works just fine, but when I try
> to depress the co-pilot left pedal, it just binds.  It will only depress
> down if I either pull on the right rudder pedal (either P or CP), or pull
> on the left rudder cable.  The only thing I can think is that the
> tube-in-a-tube rudder actuation mechanism is binding as the co-pilot pedal
> is pushed.  As I mention, it works fine as the pedal is not depressing
> against a load (i.e. with the rudder cable disconnected), so I'm guessing
> there's some torquing of the mechanism going on that is causing it to bind
> under load.  I don't see an easy way to get lubrication in between the
> tubes that might help relieve some of this binding.  Is this a problem
> others have experienced?
>
> Thanks.
>
> GeoffI
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20111114/6e064a70/attachment.htm>


More information about the Reflector mailing list