REFLECTOR: Sticking rudder pedals

Lou Stedman stedmanlou at roadrunner.com
Sun Nov 13 21:18:51 CST 2011


I recently did a retrofit on my STD with the new rudder/brake pedal. I had no problems at all. Can you put a straight edge on to see if there is any bends in the tube?

From: Geoff Gerhardt 
Sent: Sunday, November 13, 2011 7:14 PM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list 
Subject: REFLECTOR: Sticking rudder pedals

I have the toe break rudder pedal setup.  I just setup my rudders yesterday and found that the co-pilot left rudder pedal doesn't work.  Without the rudders attached both pedals, all the pedals work smooth, but as soon as I connected the rudder cables to the pedal system, the pilot pedals work nice and smooth and can exercise the rudders thru their entire range, and the co-pilot right rudder pedal works just fine, but when I try to depress the co-pilot left pedal, it just binds.  It will only depress down if I either pull on the right rudder pedal (either P or CP), or pull on the left rudder cable.  The only thing I can think is that the tube-in-a-tube rudder actuation mechanism is binding as the co-pilot pedal is pushed.  As I mention, it works fine as the pedal is not depressing against a load (i.e. with the rudder cable disconnected), so I'm guessing there's some torquing of the mechanism going on that is causing it to bind under load.  I don't see an easy way to get lubrication in between the tubes that might help relieve some of this binding.  Is this a problem others have experienced? 

Thanks.

Geoff


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20111113/50a322f6/attachment.htm>


More information about the Reflector mailing list