REFLECTOR: Nose wheel play
Terry Miles
terrence_miles at hotmail.com
Tue May 3 11:35:05 CDT 2011
Me too. I was working on my nose wheel for an unrelated issue, and put it all back together w/ new shorter spacing sleeves. (The ones between the wheel assembly and the nose fork.) If you have any play there, it is an invitation for shimmy...particularly in combination with an under inflated (less and 45 psi) tire. I have the LX RG. It takes some doing, but the factory will send a slightly too long set, and just put on some good music and pull out a metal file. Keep them tight as possible. You can get a little flex out of the folk itself so as to spread them slilghtly for the final assembly.
Terry
From: dugasd at bellsouth.net
To: reflector at tvbf.org
Date: Tue, 3 May 2011 10:14:37 -0500
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Nose wheel play
Me too. Used washers from the hardware store in the box of “machine washers”.
Rene’
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On Behalf Of nmflyer1 at aol.com
Sent: Tuesday, May 03, 2011 9:50 AM
To: reflector at tvbf.org
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Nose wheel play
John,
I had the same issue when I went to the "new improved" Nosewheel bracket on my FG. I didn't like the idea of the slop, seems like it would exaggerate any tendency to shimmy. I removed the slack with shims.
Kurt
-----Original Message-----
From: aminetech at bluefrog.com
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list <reflector at tvbf.org>
Sent: Tue, May 3, 2011 7:05 am
Subject: REFLECTOR: Nose wheel play
My nose wheel has 1/16" gap between the spacers/wheel. It seems
noticeable if I push the nose of the plane from side to side. It's a
tight fit to get the wheel rim past the area where the axle fits, so I
don't think anything is deformed. I'm thinking of adding washers to
remove the slack. Anyone else notice this?
John
_______________________________________________To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/galleryuser:pw = tvbf:jamaicangooseCheck new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermailCheck old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
_______________________________________________ To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20110503/f7c36050/attachment.htm>
More information about the Reflector
mailing list