REFLECTOR: Goose Repair Update (Engine Run)

Laurence Coen lwcoen at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 21 14:30:01 CDT 2011


Brian,

My Franklin IVO with 2 washers turns 2420 and 2500 with one washer.  I'm 
running one washer currently which requires that I get on the pitch control 
right after lift-off to prevent over speed.  Next time I service the prop 
I'm going back to two washers.  John, didn't you trim 1" off the ends of 
your blades?

Larry Coen
N136LC

--------------------------------------------------
From: "Brian Michalk" <michalk at awpi.com>
Sent: Monday, March 21, 2011 12:48 PM
To: "Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list" <reflector at tvbf.org>
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Goose Repair Update (Engine Run)

> With the three blades, I can only get 2250RPM.  I never recorded what I 
> got with WOT, coarse.
>
> With the two blades, I get 2700RPM fine and 1700RPM coarse.
>
>
> On 3/21/2011 12:23 PM, aminetech at bluefrog.com wrote:
>>
>> --- michalk at awpi.com wrote:
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> I am using a two bladed prop for testing in order to get my static RPM's
>> up so that I can map out my fuel table.
>>
>> Brian, you've mentioned the low static before and I don't understand. 
>> The travel in the IVO prop can be adjusted to get any static you want.
>>
>> John
>>
>>
>>
>> The backup injection was tested, and works well.
>>
>> The problems I need to work on is a hard cold engine start.  Something's
>> not right there, and I only get a few tries per day to work on it.  It
>> also runs very poorly on the magneto, so I need to see what's up there
>> as well.
>>
>> Is it a Slick mag?  Will it start on just the mag alone?  I was using 
>> standard aircraft massive electrode plugs and they seemed to fail a lot. 
>> I've switched to fine wire plugs and they just keep on working.  I'm 
>> planning to switch to a Bendix mag which has a stronger spark.
>>
>> John
>> _______________________________________________
>> To change your email address, visit 
>> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>>
>> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
>> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>>
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> To change your email address, visit 
>> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>>
>> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
>> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit 
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
> 


More information about the Reflector mailing list