REFLECTOR: Goose Repair Update (Engine Run)

Brian Michalk michalk at awpi.com
Mon Mar 21 12:55:33 CDT 2011


I forgot to mention.  I do have a limit washer in there that I could 
remove that would probably get me to 2800 RPM redline.

I missed your reference to the mags.
It is a Slick mag, and using RHB32E plugs, which I'm pretty sure are 
massive.  I never tried to start on it.  It just runs terrible though.

On 3/21/2011 12:48 PM, Brian Michalk wrote:
> With the three blades, I can only get 2250RPM.  I never recorded what 
> I got with WOT, coarse.
>
> With the two blades, I get 2700RPM fine and 1700RPM coarse.
>
>
> On 3/21/2011 12:23 PM, aminetech at bluefrog.com wrote:
>>
>> --- michalk at awpi.com wrote:
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> I am using a two bladed prop for testing in order to get my static RPM's
>> up so that I can map out my fuel table.
>>
>> Brian, you've mentioned the low static before and I don't 
>> understand.  The travel in the IVO prop can be adjusted to get any 
>> static you want.
>>
>> John
>>
>>
>>
>> The backup injection was tested, and works well.
>>
>> The problems I need to work on is a hard cold engine start.  Something's
>> not right there, and I only get a few tries per day to work on it.  It
>> also runs very poorly on the magneto, so I need to see what's up there
>> as well.
>>
>> Is it a Slick mag?  Will it start on just the mag alone?  I was using 
>> standard aircraft massive electrode plugs and they seemed to fail a 
>> lot.  I've switched to fine wire plugs and they just keep on 
>> working.  I'm planning to switch to a Bendix mag which has a stronger 
>> spark.
>>
>> John
>> _______________________________________________
>> To change your email address, visit 
>> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>>
>> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
>> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>>
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> To change your email address, visit 
>> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>>
>> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
>> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit 
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html



More information about the Reflector mailing list