REFLECTOR: Vesta Prop
dohayes at aol.com
dohayes at aol.com
Thu Feb 17 11:05:22 CST 2011
I didn't know the details of the crash at the time, but Jason was clearly
stalling and acting strangely, so I accused him of being on the brink of
going out of business, and asked for my money back. He denied everything,
and sent me a propeller soon afterward, with free shipping. If I had known
then what I know now, I probably could have gotten my money back, because it
was only a down payment, and its apparent now that he was trying to avoid
bad publicity.
The hub has to be partially disassembled to access the mounting bolts, and
that is done by removing some of the bolts from both the front and back of
the hub, though it is not apparent which ones. It turned out the propeller
was wedged in the box, and not bolted, possibly in the hope that it would
arrive damaged, so once I discovered that I was able to get it out without
taking apart the hub. If Jason had wired the bolts that would supposedly
have destroyed the actuation mechanism if they had been removed, there
wouldn't have been any confusion, but that would have defeated his
attempt to keep the propeller out of service.
The adhesion problems mentioned in the NTSB report don't seem to correlate
with anything I've seen inside my hub, but I still need to look closer.
Good advice about being ready to fly before taxi testing.
Doug
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20110217/d8739b8d/attachment.htm>
More information about the Reflector
mailing list