REFLECTOR: Vesta Prop
Alex Balic
velocity_pilot at verizon.net
Thu Feb 17 09:21:26 CST 2011
' I took delivery of a three blade, hydraulic, Vesta propeller shortly after
the incident in Texas, with instructions never to use it"
Never to use it? Why did he send it to you then? Did he think that you
needed a very expensive decorative wall propeller????? Why isn't everyone
suing that guy? I noticed that their website is gone- so probably they are
too, but you can probably recover something from him... it appears from the
NTSB report that it wouldn't' matter what the pitch actuator is- the design
and construction of the blades are flawed.
PS- what did you do, use explosives to remove it from the crate? How could
he state that you had destroyed it?
_____
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of dohayes at aol.com
Sent: Wednesday, February 16, 2011 4:12 PM
To: reflector at tvbf.org
Subject: REFLECTOR: Vesta Prop
I took delivery of a three blade, hydraulic, Vesta propeller shortly after
the incident in Texas, with instructions never to use it. Jason Day
reinforced that by failing to trim it to proper diameter before shipment,
refusing to provide a manual, and insisting that the way I had removed it
from the crate had completely destroyed it. Fortunately, Dave Dent, who was
at that time was both familiar and enthusiastic about the propeller, was
able to provide a manual and enough advice to allow me to mount it on my
engine. Some time later, Jason calmed down a little and helpfully offered
that I could trim the blades with a Dremmel, but since I knew there is a lot
more to it than that, I realized that talking to him was pointless.
I don't know if the failed propeller was electric or hydraulic like mine,
but I do know that without support from Jason, I don't have the expertise to
determine its airworthiness. I've been using it to test my engine, and might
use it for taxi testing if I have enough ground clearance, but will
eventually sell it to someone more knowledgeable, or who wants to use it for
the same purpose.
Doug Hayes
Velocity 173FG
Boulder, Colorado
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20110217/ebd73baa/attachment.htm>
More information about the Reflector
mailing list