REFLECTOR: UV Smooth Prime

Juanita Londenberg i_fly_too at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 6 10:26:12 CST 2011


Yep--  I forgot to break down the  cost.....I also ordered cleaning prep wipe-- from Poly-Fiber.

--- On Thu, 2/3/11, Brian Michalk <michalk at awpi.com> wrote:

From: Brian Michalk <michalk at awpi.com>
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: UV Smooth Prime
To: "Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list" <reflector at tvbf.org>
Date: Thursday, February 3, 2011, 3:23 PM

Spruce has it listed for $153.  I guess the $180 came from after 
shipping cost.

On 2/3/2011 2:57 PM, Alex Balic wrote:
> Great find Andy! I am needing to get another gallon.... great stuff.
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
> Behalf Of Andy Millin
> Sent: Thursday, February 03, 2011 12:55 PM
> To: 'Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list'
> Subject: REFLECTOR: UV Smooth Prime
>
> Why are you paying $180 per gallon?
>
> Sacramento Sky Ranch.  Cheapest price I've found on the 'net.  $122.85/gal.
>
> http://www.sacskyranch.com/acatalog/Sacramento_Sky_Ranch_Primers_146.html
>
> Andy
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
> Behalf Of Brian Michalk
> Sent: Thursday, February 03, 2011 11:01 AM
> To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
> Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Top Gloss
>
> Juanita and I just painted the bottom of the wings with Smooth Prime.
> We rolled it on, and at $180/gallon, that method really conserves the
> primer.
>
> What's the point of Smooth Prime at all if we have to shoot two coats of
> epoxy sealer before our final coat?  I know that Smooth Prime is high
> filler, but other than that, is it required?  Can one put the epoxy
> sealer on top of bubble filler and go from there?
>
> On 2/3/2011 9:53 AM, gstull at tampabay.rr.com wrote:
>> I used the Top Gloss and had all the associated problems, peeling and
> flaking. The Smooth Prime was not problematic, at least in my case. I sanded
> down the Top Gloss, re-applied Smooth Prime and painted directly over it
> with Urethane. It's been on for several years now with no problems
>> ---- Velocity<VelocityXL at fastmail.fm>   wrote:
>>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html

_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20110206/3b192d17/attachment.htm>


More information about the Reflector mailing list