REFLECTOR: empty w&b elite FG 173/lw

Scott Derrick scott at tnstaafl.net
Sun Dec 18 08:21:35 CST 2011


Something is definitely out of alignment. 
My plane is not what I would call 'good fit and finish.  That was obvious when I bought it.   But its fast.   Paint,  thin join lines, etc don't make a fast airplane.

Something in the rigging or alignment is slowing you down.



Kevin Baker <flykb at verizon.net> wrote:

>Ahhhhh  good idea.
>I didn't think about that.
>I'll check it.
>
>Thanks
>Kevin 
>
>.
>
>On Dec 17, 2011, at 18:08, "Alex Balic" <velocity_pilot at verizon.net> wrote:
>
>> Not that you would want to change it any time soon Kevin, but check the AOA
>> on the winglets- the overall fit and finish on your AC is too good for it to
>> be that slow.
>> 
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
>> Behalf Of Kevin Baker
>> Sent: Saturday, December 17, 2011 5:55 PM
>> To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
>> Cc: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
>> Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: empty w&b elite FG 173/lw
>> 
>> Well for what it's worth I'm also battling some issues
>> Speed- ours is too slow
>> Just got a new catto prop and just took it up
>> 25 mp 2500rpm full throttle 140 knots 14 gal/hr
>> 
>> I just mention this do that you don't think all of the rest of us don't meet
>> factory specs but   It is nice to fly and folks still come buy and Marvil at
>> the plane 
>> 
>> :-)
>> 
>> Kevin Baker
>> 
>> ..
>> 
>> On Dec 17, 2011, at 17:33, Chris Barber <cbarber at texasattorney.net> wrote:
>> 
>>> As to calibration, good or bad, my weight on the forth pad was the same as
>> the independent digital personal scale we have at the hangar. 
>>> 
>>> Sent from my iPhone 4
>>> 
>>> On Dec 17, 2011, at 5:29 PM, "Chris Barber" <cbarber at texasattorney.net>
>> wrote:
>>> 
>>>> Oh. To make it worse, it is still in primer. 
>>>> 
>>>> Sent from my iPhone 4
>_______________________________________________
>To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
>Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
>user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html


More information about the Reflector mailing list