REFLECTOR: Franklin EGT

John Tvedte johnt at comp-sol.com
Wed Aug 24 22:08:02 CDT 2011


John,

Since you seem to have one that is higher than the others.  I would suggest you temp. move the sensor – and compare.  Does the higher reading move with the sensor?

From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On Behalf Of aminetech at bluefrog.com
Sent: Tuesday, August 23, 2011 4:29 PM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: REFLECTOR: Franklin EGT

What EGT temps are others with Franklins seeing when running LOP?  I used to see temps ranging from 450-550 C, but my sensors are strapped on the outside of the exhaust and I'm probably getting readings lower than actual.  I recently moved them the the cylinder exhaust tubes which is closer to the cylinders.  I expected to see higher readings, however the #6 EGT is running 580-650 C.  Is that too high?

John
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20110824/40f50d55/attachment.htm>


More information about the Reflector mailing list