REFLECTOR: Nose Tire Assistance

Lou Stedman stedmanlou at roadrunner.com
Sun Aug 7 12:19:07 CDT 2011


Nose Tire AssistanceThere is a set screw on one side of the forks which holds the axel in place. Be sure to remove it before trying to remove the axel or you will be replacing the axel. (don’t ask how I know) I have found that talcum powder helps the insertion of the tube, then add just enough air to allow it to inflate slightly. This keeps it from being pinched when you put your split rim back together. Good luck

From: Tim Walsh 
Sent: Sunday, August 07, 2011 12:23 PM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list 
Subject: REFLECTOR: Nose Tire Assistance

OK,

This is a little embarrassing.  I have a 173 FG using the Shin tires/tubes.  I have a flat tire and I am trying to remove the wheel from the fork.  The only way I can remove the rim, is by splitting it.  The clearance between the bushings on the fork are too tight.

When I tried to install a new tube by assembling inside the fork, I pinched the tube.

Is there trick to installing/removing the rims?  I want to change the tire on the bench, and install complete.  I only have about 16th of inch overlap.  Can I pry the fork apart enough to slide in?

Your assistance is greatly appreciated.  Tim 


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20110807/43ff28fe/attachment.htm>


More information about the Reflector mailing list