REFLECTOR: Nose Tire Assistance
Jim Agnew
jim_agnew_2 at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 7 11:46:51 CDT 2011
Yes, remove the axle and then the rim.
James F. Agnew
Jim_Agnew_2 at Yahoo.Com
Tampa, FL
Velocity 173 Elite Aircraft Completed & Flying
From: Tim Walsh <timfwalsh01 at comcast.net>
>To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list <reflector at tvbf.org>
>Sent: Sunday, August 7, 2011 12:23 PM
>Subject: REFLECTOR: Nose Tire Assistance
>
>
>Nose Tire Assistance OK,
>
>This is a little embarrassing. I have a 173 FG using the Shin tires/tubes. I have a flat tire and I am trying to remove the wheel from the fork. The only way I can remove the rim, is by splitting it. The clearance between the bushings on the fork are too tight.
>
>When I tried to install a new tube by assembling inside the fork, I pinched the tube.
>
>Is there trick to installing/removing the rims? I want to change the tire on the bench, and install complete. I only have about 16th of inch overlap. Can I pry the fork apart enough to slide in?
>
>Your assistance is greatly appreciated. Tim
>_______________________________________________
>To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
>Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
>user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20110807/1efdd1b6/attachment-0001.htm>
More information about the Reflector
mailing list