REFLECTOR: Loose Spark Plug Wire

nmflyer1 at aol.com nmflyer1 at aol.com
Thu Apr 21 22:11:35 CDT 2011


John, 


Most automotive boots are designed to provide a water tight seal (usually makes them mostly air tight too). Is there a chance that air pressure building up in the boot are causing them to be pushed up?   For the most part, automotive boots/wires are very secure, but they don't see the rapid altitude changes that aircraft see. You may try making a small vent hole in the boot. I'm pretty sure you won't have to worry about water back there.  


Kurt 





-----Original Message-----
From: aminetech at bluefrog.com
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list <reflector at tvbf.org>
Sent: Thu, Apr 21, 2011 7:26 pm
Subject: REFLECTOR: Loose Spark Plug Wire


I just had a second wire come loose from the auto plugs I'm using with my Rose 
EI.  Looks like I will have to secure them with plastic ties or something.  
Anyone else using auto plugs having this problem or have a solution?

John
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html

 
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20110421/d516fa13/attachment.htm>


More information about the Reflector mailing list