REFLECTOR: ground plane
Lou Stedman
stedmanlou at roadrunner.com
Wed Apr 20 13:24:21 CDT 2011
I too just received my new ELT, Ameri-King AK451-S. My old elt was mounted under my rear seat which is where I plan to mount this one. My instructions say that 24” legs on the ground plane would be the best but at least the same length as the antenna I will be using. That antenna is 14”. I think I have room on the exterior side of the belly to install the foil which they suggest. I will have to install something into the floor to accept the antenna but not sure what that should be. Any suggestions as to what material to use for the foil ground plane and the hard point would be appreciated. Thanks
Lou Stedman
Velocity SEFG
N7044Q
Olean, NY
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20110420/8b1fb5c6/attachment.htm>
More information about the Reflector
mailing list