REFLECTOR: ELT Ground Plane

Brett Ferrell reflector at velocityxl.com
Wed Apr 20 13:12:39 CDT 2011


All I know is that my little ~4"x10" ground plane was perfectly fine to hit
the satellite from inside a closed metal hangar with my Artex G406....
YMMV


Brett


	-------Original Message-------
  From: David Ullman
  To: reflector at tvbf.org
  Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: ELT Ground Plane
  Sent: 20 Apr '11 11:27

  I finally received the ACK ELT I ordered a year ago (Actually 15 months).
 I
  was surprised that the suggested ground plane for the antenna is 2' in
  diameter for a composite aircraft.  I don't have a flat or near flat area
  that big on the plane that isn't finished, upholstered or in any other
  usable form.  I do have a nice 1'x1' ground plane for the transponder in
the
  floor.  The transponder and the ELT don't work at the same time, But it
is
  too small.

  Any ideas?

  David G. Ullman
  Robust Decisions
  [LINK: compose.php?to=ullman at robustdecisions.com]
ullman at robustdecisions.com
  541-754-3609

  _______________________________________________
  To change your email address, visit [LINK:
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector]
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

  Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
  user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
  Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
  Check old archives: [LINK:
http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html]
http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20110420/d75815ca/attachment-0001.htm>


More information about the Reflector mailing list