REFLECTOR: Franklin Fuel Pump

Brian Michalk michalk at awpi.com
Wed Nov 24 14:30:55 CST 2010


Are you running the diaphragm pump, or the newer rotary vane pump?

If it's the rotary pump, then that will need to be sent in for repair.

I machined an adapter for a sprint racing fuel pump for my airplane.  
The issue with adapting mine to anything stock, is you will need an 
external fuel pressure regulator.  I'm running 45PSI.

On 11/24/2010 2:17 PM, aminetech at bluefrog.com wrote:
> I think my fuel pump is going bad.  On several occasions, my engine 
> has stalled at idle, both after landing and when taxiing for T/O when 
> the engine is warm from a previous flight.  I notice that just before 
> it stalls, my fuel flow indicates as little as 0.1 gph (normal idle is 
> around 2 gph).  If I turn on the electric pump, the flow jumps to 5-20 
> gph for a second or two and then levels out at the ususal 2 gph (and 
> it doesn't stall).  Is this something I can repair, or is it better to 
> send it in for repair?  The older diaphram pump was replaced before I 
> bought the plane.
> Thanks,
> John
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20101124/2f1360ae/attachment.htm>


More information about the Reflector mailing list