REFLECTOR: Franklin Fuel Pump
W J Wilbeck
wj at agricenter.us
Wed Nov 24 14:26:10 CST 2010
A really nice custom-built mechanical fuel pump is available for the Franklin.
I shall dig into my files for the source.
wj
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On Behalf Of aminetech at bluefrog.com
Sent: Wednesday, November 24, 2010 2:18 PM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: REFLECTOR: Franklin Fuel Pump
I think my fuel pump is going bad. On several occasions, my engine has stalled at idle, both after landing and when taxiing for T/O when the engine is warm from a previous flight. I notice that just before it stalls, my fuel flow indicates as little as 0.1 gph (normal idle is around 2 gph). If I turn on the electric pump, the flow jumps to 5-20 gph for a second or two and then levels out at the ususal 2 gph (and it doesn't stall). Is this something I can repair, or is it better to send it in for repair? The older diaphram pump was replaced before I bought the plane.
Thanks,
John
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20101124/16d65216/attachment.htm>
More information about the Reflector
mailing list