REFLECTOR: Trim motor

Chris Barber cbarber at texasattorney.net
Mon Dec 13 17:29:29 CST 2010


Nope, not in the stick, yokes in my case. No relay. Mounted on center console in front of my throttle. 

Sent from my iPhone 4

On Dec 13, 2010, at 1:52 PM, Barry Gibbons <gibbons at as.net> wrote:

> Hello 
> Chris are you using a switch in the grip? If so make sure the wire sizes and
> the relay can handled the current. Mine would work when I got on the ground
> but not all the time in the air. I made a trim indicator to see if it was
> stopping in flight and it was stopping. I had a Ray Allen relay . I replaced
> it with a trim relay board from Composite Design and it never failed after
> that.
> Barry
> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
> Behalf Of Chris Barber
> Sent: Monday, December 13, 2010 10:27 AM
> To: reflector at tvbf.org
> Subject: REFLECTOR: Trim motor
> 
> Is there a problem with the trim motor that I am unaware?  My trim has
> stopped working. I worked on it most of yesterday checking all the wires,
> checking the switch (including try two different switches), verifying the
> connections and schematic routings with no joy. Originally I would get
> movement if I connected a batter directly to the motor, sometime through the
> entire range of movement, sometimes intermentantly. However, now it has
> stopped working all together. 
> 
> At $280.00 a pop a new one would be very difficult right now. 
> 
> Thoughts and/or solutions would be welcome. Uh, solutions other than a new
> unit preferred :-)
> 
> Finally, a non engine related concern. 
> 
> Chris
> 
> Sent from my iPhone 4
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
> 
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
> 
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
> 
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html


More information about the Reflector mailing list