REFLECTOR: Trim motor

Lou Stedman stedmanlou at roadrunner.com
Mon Dec 13 14:39:45 CST 2010


I assume you are talking about the elevator trim? If so check to see if a 
wire has come loose from the brushes. Mine did that a few years back. I took 
it apart, soldered the connection and everything has worked fine.
----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Barry Gibbons" <gibbons at as.net>
To: "'Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list'" <reflector at tvbf.org>
Sent: Monday, December 13, 2010 2:51 PM
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Trim motor


> Hello
> Chris are you using a switch in the grip? If so make sure the wire sizes 
> and
> the relay can handled the current. Mine would work when I got on the 
> ground
> but not all the time in the air. I made a trim indicator to see if it was
> stopping in flight and it was stopping. I had a Ray Allen relay . I 
> replaced
> it with a trim relay board from Composite Design and it never failed after
> that.
> Barry
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
> Behalf Of Chris Barber
> Sent: Monday, December 13, 2010 10:27 AM
> To: reflector at tvbf.org
> Subject: REFLECTOR: Trim motor
>
> Is there a problem with the trim motor that I am unaware?  My trim has
> stopped working. I worked on it most of yesterday checking all the wires,
> checking the switch (including try two different switches), verifying the
> connections and schematic routings with no joy. Originally I would get
> movement if I connected a batter directly to the motor, sometime through 
> the
> entire range of movement, sometimes intermentantly. However, now it has
> stopped working all together.
>
> At $280.00 a pop a new one would be very difficult right now.
>
> Thoughts and/or solutions would be welcome. Uh, solutions other than a new
> unit preferred :-)
>
> Finally, a non engine related concern.
>
> Chris
>
> Sent from my iPhone 4
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit 
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
> 



More information about the Reflector mailing list